A couple of weeks back, I was having a discussion with the Big S about a situation at her job. Her company had been approached by another company wanted to cross promote a project between the two (how hard is this to talk about without going into details).
Unfortunately, the property they wanted to cross promote wasn’t something under the direct control of Big S’ people. The Big S came away feeling as if she was being viewed as a bit of a Negative Joe but, her concerns actually were right on spot and some people weren’t really thinking things through.
We talked about it and during the conversation I came up with a decent solution which would probably wind up satisfying all parties without stepping on anyone’s toes - long story short it wound up being one of those ideas everyone loved, her company is going ahead with it and they anticipate making 100k from it.
So, I did wind up getting credit for my idea and now the publisher who’ll realize the benefits of the revenue derived from the idea has offered to treat me to a lunch - which actually makes me pretty happy.
It’s not the first time I’ve come up with a really good idea but, it could be one of the few times I’ve gotten credit for the idea without someone else trying to grab the spotlight. I’m pretty satisfied to get the recognition and if I’m disturbed it’s only by the fact that for all the good ideas I’ve had, I have yet to be able to find a way to make them pay off so I don’t have to worry all the time about finding work and making money.
No comments:
Post a Comment